Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Post of '08...

I had a pretty good time shooting a party the day after the Christmas holiday.
It was a small party of around 50-75 people, but the place was nice, and the DJ rocked out. It was a nice crowd, too, so no complaints. I was able to catch a couple of cool shots.

I tried getting some lens flare going. It's more difficult that it may seem since the DJ lights are pulsating and moving to different areas. It's a toss up.
The Mariachi's were quite good.

Besides getting home later than I anticipated, overall I think it went well. The 5D didn't let me down, but it did begin to really fatigue my grip. Perhaps I'll have to invest in one of those E-1 hand straps everyone raves about.

I also got a new bag in yesterday. A Crumpler 5-Million Dollar Home. Maybe I'll make my first post of next year a review of this bag. We'll see...

I'm going to be teaming up with a fellow photographer who also happens to be a good friend. He has a few weddings lined up for the new season, and I have some other portrait sessions happening as well. Hopefully 2009 will bring many more interesting experiences and alot more fun!
Until next year,

Lates!



No comments: